Gas Central Heating Grants for Home Owners from the Government’s ECO Scheme. Grants are available to install gas central heating in homes which have NEVER had a central heating system fitted before.
If your home has had a central heating system installed before you will not qualify, even if it has been removed.
Gas central heating grants for home owners are available if:
Your home has never had central heating fitted since it was built AND
You own your home (outright or with a mortgage) or you rent it from a private landlord AND
You or someone living with you receives one of the qualifying State Benefits OR you qualify under ECO Flex Rules.
1. You must live in your own home. Whether you have a mortgage or not, your name must be on the deeds of ownership for the property.
Only homes with an EPC rating of D, E, F or G for home owners and E, F or G for private tenants are eligible for Central Heating Grants. You can see the EPC rating of your home by clicking HERE for England and Wales or HERE for Scotland.
Tenants who rent their home from a private landlord also qualify and you can apply HERE.
If you rent your home from your local council or a housing association, or, if you in a shared ownership property, you will NOT qualify.
Gas central heating grants for home owners will help pay for the installation of ‘first time central heating’ in homes which have never had a central heating system installed before.
2. Your home must currently have NO heating system at all, or one of the following heating systems:
- Electric room heaters
- Inefficient electric storage heaters
- Gas room heaters
- Gas fire with back boiler
- Mains gas warm air system
- Solid fossil fuel fire with back boiler
- Electric underfloor or ceiling heating (not an electric boiler)
- Bottled LPG room heaters
- Solid fossil fuel room heaters
- Wood or biomass room heaters
- Oil room heaters
Your ‘Main’ Heating System’ used to assess whether you qualify for gas central heating grants for home owners is the one shown on the Energy Efficiency Performance Certificate (EPC) for your home.
You can see the EPC for your home HERE if you live in England or Wales or HERE if you live in Scotland.
Also, vitally, to qualify for gas central heating grants for home owners, your home must never have had a central heating system fitted at any time since it was built.
3. You or someone living with you on a permanent basis, must receive one of the following State Benefits, Tax Credits or Other Allowances:
- Pension Credit – Guarantee Credit
- Pension Credit – Savings Credit
- Universal Credit
- Child Tax Credit
- Working Tax Credit
- Income-Related Employment and Support Allowance
- Income-Based Job Seeker’s Allowance
- Income Support
- Child Benefit (subject to income thresholds)
- Housing Benefit
Alternatively, if you do not receive one of the benefits above, you may qualify under ECO Flex Rules.
Under ECO Flex rules, gas central heating grants for home owners may still be available and can be awarded by your local authority. You still need to complete the application form on this page, and we will do the rest.
Gas Central Heating Grants For Home Owners