Initially you must qualify by either being on qualifying benefits or through their local Council (Local Authority Flexibility) also known as LA Flex.
For homeowners, homes must have an EPC rating of D, E, F or G to be eligible for Central Heating Grants. However, some homes in the higher part of band D will not qualify.
For private tenants, homes must have an EPC rating of E, F or G to be eligible for Central Heating Grants
- Pension Credit
- Universal Credit
- Income based Jobseekers allowance
- Income related Employment & Support Allowance
- Income Support
- Housing Benefit
- Tax Credits (Child or Working Tax Credit)
- Child Benefit – Income Threshold below:
Number of children 1 2 3 4 and over
1 adult household £19,900 £24,800 £29,600 £34,500
2 adult household £27,500 £32,300 £37,200 £42,000
If you do not claim any qualifying benefits, there is a second route which you may qualify under, this is called Local Authority Flexibility (LA Flex or ECO Flex) and is through your local council who we would apply for on your behalf.
Eligibility Route – Local Authority Flexibility (LA Flex)
LA Flex is a second qualifying criteria for any client who does not receive qualifying benefits.
LA Flex consists of three qualifying routes, these are listed below:
LA Flex Route 1 – Household Combined Income
Households living in an EPC rated E, F and G home, with a combined gross income under £31,000. (LA route only).
LA Flex Route 2 – Proxy Targeting
Households in SAP bands E, F or G and meeting a combination of two proxies outline as below.
- Householders receiving a Council Tax rebate (rebates based on low income only, excludes single person rebates).
- Householders vulnerable to living in a cold home as identified in the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) Guidance : Recommendation 2. Only one from the list can be used, excludes the proxy ‘low income’.
- A householder receiving free school meals due to low-income.
- A householder referred under a Local Authority run scheme which aims to support low income and vulnerable households.
- A household referred to the LA (Local Authority) for support by their energy supplier or Citizens Advice because they have been identified as struggling to pay their gas and electricity bills.
LA Flex Route 3 – NHS Referrals
Households living in band E, F and G homes and identified by either a general medical practitioner, a Health Board in Scotland, a Local Health Board in Wales, an NHS foundation trust, or by an NHS trust as suffering from a severe and /or long-term health condition that could be severely impacted by living in a cold home. (LA route only).
These health conditions may fall under one of the umbrella conditions:
- A cardiovascular condition,
- A respiratory disease,
- Limited mobility, or