Gas Central Heating Grants for Pensioners are available if:
Your home has never had a central heating system fitted since it was built AND
You own your home (owned outright or mortgaged) or you rent it from a private landlord AND
You or someone living with them receives one of the qualifying State Benefits OR you qualify under ECO Flex Rules.
Gas Central heating grants for pensioners are available from the Government’s ECO Scheme.
You may qualify for gas central heating grants for pensioners if:
- You live in your own home or one you rent from a private landlord.
- You receive one of the qualifying benefits such as Guaranteed Pension Credit, Working Tax Credit or one of the Armed Forces Allowances. (See the full list of benefits on the home page HERE or lower down this page) OR your local authority approves your application under ECO Flex rules.
- Your home has NEVER had a central heating system fitted before.
The Government’s own statistics suggest that there is a large number of pensioners who are entitled to Guaranteed Pension Credit but who don’t claim it. You can apply on the Government website HERE and it WILL NOT affect your entitlement to the Winter Fuel Allowance.
To qualify for Gas Central Heating Grants for Pensioners, either you or someone living permanently with you, must receive at least one of the following State Benefits, Tax Credits or Other Allowances unless you qualify under ECO Flex Rules:
- Guaranteed Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit
- Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
- Income Support
- Income-Related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Income-Based Job Seeker’s Allowance (JSA)
- Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
- Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
- Attendance Allowance
- Carer’s Allowance
- Severe Disablement Allowance
- Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit
- Child Benefit (subject to maximum household income thresholds)
- War Pensions Mobility Allowance
- Constant Attendance Allowance
- Armed Forces Independence Payment
ECO Flex Rules allow local councils to recommend that a householder qualifies for the gas central heating grants for pensioners scheme without the need to receive one of the qualifying benefits above.
Gas Central Heating Grants For Pensioners from the Government’s ECO Scheme